How to improve color fastness to rubbing is the topic to discuss here. Here we will show you some steps to recover from this kind of problem. Before this you need to know, what is color fastness and what is rubbing or crocking.
What is Color fastness
Color fastness is the property of a fabric or garments which is responsible for color stability. It describes that, the color is stable or not. How much a color maintain its stability, it describes the color fastness. So Color fastness is the main issue of a colored fabric or colored garment. There are different reasons for color fastness fading issues. But standard methods are as follows
- Color fastness to rubbing / Crocking
- Color fastness to light
- Color fastness to Ozone
- Color fastness to perspiration
- Color fastness to Home Laundry
Here we will show you only the one reason and that is color fastness to rubbing or crocking.
Color fastness to rubbing or crocking
Color fastness to rubbing depends of the color stability of a fabric or garments. So it depends on the dyes and dyeing procedure also. Some dyes have good color stability and some dyeing procedure can also help to get good color fastness property. There are different dyes such ass acid dyes, basic, reactive, direct dyes, vat dyes, natural dyes, and so on. Different dye follows different procedure. Among them direct dyes and reactive dyes have some good color fastness properties.
Rubbing or crocking is the about to say a process on which some torsional action occurs. That is why colors from fabric becomes fade and goes into dull looking. To avoid this we have to follow some special steps. Here is some steps for you.
How to improve color fastness to rubbing or crocking
- To improve color fastness of a garments or fabric, heat sett it at 140’c for 30 minute. This is the curing process you have to do. You have to do it carefully.
- By using good fixing chemical, you can improve the color fastness to rubbing or crocking.
- If fixation is not okay for improvement of the fabric or garments, you have to use binder at least 20-30 g/l and run it for 5 minute. After that, you have to dry it very carefully.
- If that is not okay enough, follow first steps and also follow second steps and then follow third step. You will get your result. Obviously you will get your desired scale result. There will be improvement.
This is the details for improvement of color fastness of garments or fabric.