Structure and classification of wool
Structure and classification of wool depend on the following criteria. We have found the structure and classification of wool as following criteria.
Structure of wool
When the wool is fibre is untwisted it shows a kinky appearance. The length varies from 1,1/2 to 18 inches, the long fibres are coarser than short fibres. When observed under microscope the surface of the fibre seems to be consisted to scales irregular of shape and slightly overlapping like scales of fish.
Classification of Wool
- Ovis aries wool: merino manufacture the simplest quality wool that is originated from Espana.
Classification by fleece
- Lamb’s wool: the primary fleece sheared from lamb concerning six to eight months recent is thought as lambs wool. this can be in fine quality and soft texture.
- Hog wool: Wool obtained from sheep of twelve to fourteen months recent that has not been antecedently sheared.
- Force wool: once sheep is slaughtered for meat the wool is force known as as force wool.
- Cotty wool: terribly poor grade wool.
- Sheep wool: Any fleece clipped once the primary cut is termed weter wool.