SMV means the time that it takes a worker to complete a specific operation or produce a specific garments.
It is a numerical value which is represented the standard time of a process or operation in a standard environment for standard worker.
A Standard Time
The work content of a job includes an allowance for adequate rest for that job.
‘Standard time’ is the average for one cycle of an operation that we would measure over a typical day if we had:
- A skilled operative
- Adequate incentives to call form the operatives’ best efforts.
- Plenty of work so that the operator is not necessary to wait for work.
- The workplace and the machinery for which the standard time was specified
- Output at the correct level of quality
- Time allowed for the operative’s personal needs and to overcome fatigue
- Expected delays, due to minor machine maintenance, thread changes etc:
When we measure this standard time in minutes, we call it as Standard Minute Value.
|Standard Minute Value (SMV) = Basic Time + Allowances|
Basic Time = (Observed Time ×Observed rating) / Standard Rating
In the British standard the standard rating is 100%
Calculate the basic times
|Observed time in Centiminutes||0.25||0.31||0.09||0.22|
|Observed Rating %||80||90||110||105|
Answers: The basic time should be 0.20, 0.28, 0.10, and 0.23 Centiminutes.
Steps of calculate SMV:
Let, Basic time=A & Allowances=10%
SMV=A+10% of A
Thanks a lot
Hi there to all, the contents existing at this website are in fact amazing for people knowledge, well,
keep up the good work fellows.