Line functioning means line line setting by using different serving m/cs, which are required in a serving line to run to production smoothly. Line balancing is done when a new older comes from buyer to facilitate the operator and m/chelper to produce garment easily.
Another meaning of line balancing is a systematic procedure of m/c set up in a sewing line.
IMPORTANT OF LINE BALANCING
- Good line balancing increase the rate of production
- This is the pre-condition for smooth production
- Line balancing help to compare the required machinery with the existing one and make a balance
- It also help to compare the required machinery with the existing one and make a balance
- It also helps in the determination of labor requirement
- Good balancing reduces production time
- Profit of a factory can be ensured by proper line balancing
- Proper line balancing ensures optimum production at the agreed quality
- It reduces faults in finished products
- Line balancing help to know about new m/cs for new styles
- It becomes easier to distribute particular job for operators
- It becomes possible to deliver goods at right time at the agreed quality for the least costs.
STEPS ON LINE BALANCING
- Now a day we use standard minutes as a tool fir the line balancing, production control and the estimation of efficiency. In a similar way the tome taken to do a job for making garment like shirt/blouse/trouser/dresses could depend upon a number of factors like-
The length of the shirt/blouse/trouser/dress
The number of stitches per inch
The presentation of item
The pricing of garments