Textile resin is playing a vital role in the modern denim processing or washing. Its rough and tough property makes the fabric more stiff and lusture. It has some problems too. Therefore we use it in the garments for making a shape or dimention purpose.
What is Textile Resing
Resin is modified glyoxylic /modified Dimethylol Dihydroxy Ethylene Urea as a polymeric emulsion . It acts as cross linking agent to formate temporary/permanent three dimensional effect on the denim fabric .
Physical Properties of Resin
1. Physical aspect ; : clear yellowish or milky liquid
2. Specific weight at 200c : 1- 2g/ml
3. Ionic nature : anionic / non-ionic / cationic
4. ph solution 10 g/l : 3- 8.5
5. state in water : easy dispersible in water
6. storage stability
7. film properties : soft elastic properties
1. Resins are carbon modified organic chemical, deprived of nitrogen and contain a few oxygen in their respective molecules.
2. Majority of them undergo slow atmospheric oxidation whereby their colour get darkened with impaired solubility.
3. Resins are found to be a mixture of numerous compounds rather than a single pure chemical entity.
4. Their chemical properties are exclusively based upon the functional groups present in these substances.
5. Consequently, the resins are broadly divided into resin alcohols, resin acids, resin esters, glycosidal resins and resenes (i.e., inert neutral compounds).
6. Resins are regarded as complex mixtures of a variety of substances, such as: resinotannols, resin acids, resin esters, resin alcohols and resenes.
7. One school of thought believes that resins are nothing but oxidative products of terpenes.
8. They may also be regarded as the end-products of destructive metabolism.
9. The acidic resins when treated with alkaline solutions they yield soaps (or resin-soaps).
Why we use resin
1. In order to improve the tensile strength and the tear strength
2. To improve the abrasion resistance .
3. To get the excellent scarping effect of the treated denim fabric .
4. Minimum influence on the resistance to traction and laceration .
5. To obtain the shiny finishing effect on the denim fabric .
6. To increase the light fastness of the dyestuff.
7. To act as a fixing agent of the dye .