1. Hardness of water
2. Purity test of CH3COOH
3. Purity test of NaOH
4. Purity test of Na2CO3
1. Hardness of Water:
Ø At first 5cc water is taken in a small beaker
Ø Then 2 drops of Buffer solution and 1 drop of Calamagite Indicato is mixed well with water. At this time the color of water remains pink.
Ø Then the water is titrated with EDTA solution until the color of the solution changes to blue.
Amount of EDTA in cc 300 = Hardness in PPM
2. Purity Test of CH3COOH:
Ø At first 10cc of 6% CH3COOH is taken in a beaker.
Ø Then 1 drop of Phenolphthalien indicator is mixed and the solution remains colorless.
Ø Then the solution is titrated with 4% NaOH until the color changes to yellow.
Amount of NaOH used in cc 95 = Purity%
3. Purity Test of NaOH:
Ø At first 10cc of 6% NaOH is taken in a beaker.
Ø Then 2 drops of Phenolphthalien indicator is mixed and the solution remains pink.
Ø Then the solution is titrated with 6% CH3COOH until the solution become colorless.
Amount of CH3COOH used in cc 95 = Purity%
4. Purity Test of Na2CO3:
Ø At first 10cc of 5.3% Na2CO3 is taken in a beaker.
Ø Then 2 drops of Methyl orange indicator is mixed and the solution remains orange.
Ø Then the solution is titrated with 1N HCl until the solution become colorless.
Amount of HCl used in cc 95 = Purity%
Procedure of Lab-Dip Preparation:
1. At first standard value is prepared from the given sample with the help of spectrophotometer. The standard is stored in the computer memory by mentioning a name e.g. # # #
2. Then recipe is formulated for the standard with the help of DCI Match (recipe) software.
3. Lab manager select the best one from the recipes by considering cost, DE, Metamarism.
4. He makes 3 or 4 more recipes from the selected recipe by changing its value slightly.
5. Then samples are dyed according to the recipes in the Lab Dyeing machine.
6. The lab manager checks the dyed samples in the spectrophotometer and selects the samples mostly similar to the standard.
7. Again he makes recipes from the best dyed sample’s recipe and dyed again.
8. At last he checks the dyed samples and selects 3 samples as Lab-Dip and sends to buyer for approval.