- Hydrogen Peroxide (H2O2)
- Caustic Soda
- Soda Ash
- Wetting Agent
Function Of Required Chemical
- Hydrogen Peroxide: It ionize as H2O2——— (H+) and (HO2-), where HO2- is responsible for bleaching operation.
- Stabilizer : To stabilize the reaction H2O2———( H++ HO2– ) Due to H2O2 reacts with fabric randomly. By using stabilizer the treatment becomes slow. Sodium silicate, boron etc are used as stabilizer.
- Caustic Soda: The function of the caustic soda is to maintain PH 9.2 to 11.5
- Soda ash : It is used to maintain PH and more whiteness.
- Wetting Agent: It is Used to wet the textile material.
The catalyst which are present on by which the hydrogen peroxide bleaching action take place are…..
If the catalyst are present in the bath where solution is prepared then the following reaction is formed and hydrogen peroxide loses its strength. The above reaction is called hydrogen peroxide decomposition.
2H2O2↓————————2H2O + O2
Therefore the pressures of catalysts are the cause of less of hydrogen peroxide.