To reduce lycra or spandex deformation we need to find out why it is occurring. If we found the reason we could also make a way out off avoiding it. Before going details we need to knnow the fabric quality. If it is very poor, we cant make it improve. If it is average we can make it reduce lycra deformation.
Now come to the topics, how to reduce lycra / spandex deeformation of garments while dyeing or washing. First of all, it is not an easy work to do. But thereafter, some techniques has been developed by technicians to (avoid/reduce) (Lycrea/spandex) deformation while washing or dyeing a garment.
Way to reduce lycra or spandex deformation of garments
Following techniques are followed to avoid lycra deformation or spandex deformation.
Reduce lycra or spandex deformation in washing
- By using appropriate liquor ratio we can reduce the amount of lycra or spandex deformation
- Its a matter of tension also. by reducing machine speed less we can reduce the amount of lycra or spandex deformation.
- We need to follow the hydro-extractor pressure and it should be lower than the regular.
- Using silicon softener at the stage of desizing. So it surface becomes sleepery and avoid the collaboration with the others and reduce lycra or spandex deformation.
- Some special chemical has been developed to avoid lycra / spandex deformation. We can use that chemicl in the dyeing and washing bath to reduce lycra deformation or spandex defoemation.
Reduce Lycra or Spandex deformation in Sewing
- Sometimes deformation occurs at the stage of stitching garments. Because of needle size lycra my break and damage. So it cant be recoverable by washing or dyeing. In that case we have to use finer type of needle at the stage of stitching garments.
- Cutting should follow the green line marking and avoid bios cuttin with have to be checked knife sharpness.
- Use a ball point needle for each machine and machine pressure should be adjusted as per fabric nature. It should be gross breaker needle.
- Must have to avoid bartek. Because there is a tension of stitch and during washing it may break the spandex.
These are the steps to avoid lycra or spandex in garments.