Rayon fiber properties are classified into two categories. There are two types of properties classified for rayon fiber. One is physical properties and another is chemical properties. Here these two properties will discuss with details.
- Characteristics of material material
- Extremely Absorbent
- Soft and cozy
- Straightforward to dye
- Drapes well
Rayon Fiber Properties
Physical Properties of Rayon
- Strength : The enduringness of viscose nice-er is larger than that of wool however is barely 0.5 as great as silk. Viscose is additionally weaker than cotton and its strength is reduced to 40-70% once wet. Nevertheless it produces fairly sturdy, economical and serviceable material whose smoothness of surface favourably withstands with friction of wear and tear
- Elasticity : viscose has larger snap than cotton however but wool and silk. whereas viscose materials have some inherent extensibility, undue strain would possibly cause them to sag or maybe burst.
- Resilience : viscose lacks the resilience. It ought to be remembered that the resistance of a material to creasing depends on the type of yarn, weave and finishing method.
- Drapability : viscose possesses a marked quality of drapability as a result of it’s comparatively significant weight material.
- Heat conduction : viscose may be a smart conductor of warmth and is so applicable for summer article of clothing like cotton.
- Absorbency : viscose is one in every of the foremost absorbent of all textiles. it’s additional absorbent than cotton or linen, however but wool and silk.
- Cleanliness and Washability
Because of smoothness, viscose fiber helps to supply hygeinic materials that shed dirt. Since Viscose rayons quickly looses strength once wet, it should be handled with care once washed.
- Reaction to Bleaches : house bleaches containing metal hypo mineral, metal perborate or oxide could also be safely used.
- Shrinkage : viscose materials tend to shrink quite cotton materials. Spun viscose materials shrink additional, which may tend a shrink resistant end, like Sanforset.
- Effect of warmth : viscose is pure polyose fiber that burns as cotton. once ironing, solely moderately high temperature should be used.
Chemical Properties of rayon fiber
- Resistance to Mildew : Like cotton, viscose have tendency to mildew. Such materials mustn’t be allowed to stay in damp conditions.
- Reaction to alkaline : focused solutions of alkalies disintegrate viscose. a light soap with lukewarm water is suggested in laundry rayons.
- Affinity of Dyes : viscose materials absorb dye equally and might be colored with a range of dyes, like acid, chrome, and disperse.
- Resistance to Perspiration : it’s fairly immune to deterioration from perspiration.