The success and failure of the organizations largely depends on the quality of management. The quality of management depends on the managers. The managers’ success depends on their ability to manage the resources of the organizations through people effectively and efficiently.
Functional qualities and manifestations of the good manager:
- The People Manager
- The Guide
- The Participatory Manager
- The Modern Manager
- The Change Agent
- The Developer
- The knowledge Manager
The People Manager:
- He or She maintains high degree of communication, contact trust and creative cooperation with the people.
- He or She emphasizes team spirit, continuous learning and better outcomes.
- He or She knows what is going on and get hiHe or Sher ideas across to the people.
- He or She recruits carefully and objectively, explains the company’s expectations and provide required training.
- He or She orients and trains a new comer in the team.
- He or She takes time, makes thoughtful decisions and maintains responsibility for the decisions.
- He or She looks into the future and develops leaders.
The Participatory Manager
- He or She produces an atmosphere of working together, interacts with everyone and maintains working relationships.
- While communicating He or She remains careful about the effective meaning.
- What He or She says He or She means it and practice it.
The Modern Manager:
1.He or She is results based, sets clear objectives, follow up, measures and evaluates, welcomes criticism and learn from it, expects uncertainty, he is trusting them, not control.
- He or She thinks outside the box: which are original, contributory and new.
- Nothing goes with the color of the cat / thing is whether it catches the rat.
The Change Agent:
- He or She squeezes the full benefit from the strength of the people and ignore weakness.
- He or She shows respect to the opinion of the people consults people,considers probabilities and options and values the need for recognition and appreciation.
- He or She disciplines people,takes disciplinary actions judiciously and ensures transparency and equal treatment to all.
- He or She arranges and values company’s interest and employees’ development and training schemes.
- He or She cheers the people up,supports them and assists them if needed and accepts mistakes.
- He or She emphasizes the people’s future career.
The Knowledge Manager:
- He or She promotes team success through learning and knowledge management: sharing of knowledge;promoting collective learning;encouraging people to discuss ideas;building recognition for learning through performance evalution;sharing information and ideas;uniting people and promoting of innovation.
Big minds discuss ideas;Average minds discuss events;small minds discuss people;very small minds discuss themselves.
There is no magic formula for good management,but the ideas will help to become more effective manager.