There are some significance of Atmosphere. These are as follows,
- The atmosphere is a protective blanket,nurtures life on the earth.
- Protects the earth from the hostile environment of outer spac
- It is the source of Carbondioxide for plants photosynthesis and oxygen for animal respiration
- It provides the nitrogen that nitrogen fixing bacteria and ammonia manufacturing plants use to produce chemically bound nitrogen, an essential components of life molecules.
- Atmosphere transport water from the ocean to land acting as condenser in a vaste solar powered still. This is also the basic part of hydrologic cycle.
- The atmosphere absorbs the most of the cosmic rays from outer space and protects organisms from their effects.
- It absorbs the most of the electromagnetic radiation from the sun. By absorbing electromagnetic radiation below 300nm the atmosphere filters out damaging ultraviolet radiation that would otherwise be very harmful to living organism.
- Furthermore, it reabsorbs much of the infrared radiation by which absorbed solar energy is re emitted to space, the atmosphere stabilises the earth,s temperature, preventing the trmendous temperature extremes that occur on planets and moons lacking substantial atmospheres.