What does sustainable means?
Sustainable development is a development that meets the needs of the present without compromising the ability of future generation to meet their own Needs.
How can we do a Sustainable development in denim Washing ?
We are now in the method of sustainable development. How it is to be done? Its an easy process by which we can reduce the use of chemicals and natural sources….
Three main process should be followed,….
1.By reducing water consumption required for treating garments.
2.By reducing temperatures, required energy co2 emissions.
3.By using chemical with lower environmental impact.
Now come to the methods, how we can reduce water and temperatures with lower chemical consumption in garments treatment. Here is a brief description. Read the followings about those methods.
1.Reducing Water consumptions : To reduce water consumptions we should maintain the water as same as following….
a.(Stone wash + Bio-Bleach) Save at least 24 liter per garments (2 rinse r.b 1/10 + Bleach r.b 1/10)
b.(Neutralization + Desizing) Save at least 16 lt per garments ( Neutralization R.B 1/10 + Rinse R.B 1/10)
c.(Neutralization + Stone Wash) Save at least 16 lt per garments ( Neutralization R.B 1/10 + Rinse R.B 1/10)
d.( Softener + Bio-Polishing ) Save at least 16 lt per garments (Bio-Polishing r.b 1/10 + Rinse r.b 1/10)
e.(Softener Spray ) Savesat least4lt. ofwater per garment
f.(Direct dyeing + Bio-Polishing) Savesat least16 lt. per garment (bio-polishingr.b. 1/10 + rinse r.b. 1/10)
g.(Reactive Dyeing+ Bio-Polishing) Savesat least16 lt. per garment (bio-polishing r.b. 1/10 + rinser.b. 1/10)
h.(Pigment Dyeing+ Bio-Polishing) Savesat least16 lt. per garment (bio-polishing r.b. 1/10 + rinse r.b. 1/10)
2.Reducing Temperature –Energy –CO2 : To reduce the temperature and energy we need to maintain the followings…
a.When an industrial washing machine is loaded with 80 kg of garments, it consumes 500 liters of water every cycle.
b.To heat up 580 kg (water + garments) from 30 to 40°C, 5800 Kcal (6,75 kWh) are needed (this calculation does not account for the energy required to heat the machine’s structure and maintain temperature).
c.Using an efficient heater working at 80% of yield, around 6600 Kcal (7,67 kWh) can be obtained from 1 m3of methane.
d.COLD DESIZINGA saving of 35°C equal to 3.5 m3 of methane and 6.65 Kg C02
e.STONE WASH AT 40°C A saving of 15°C equal to 1.5 m3 of methane and 2.85 Kg C02.
f.BIO-POLISHING AT 40°C A saving of 10°C equal to 1m3 of methane and 1.9 Kg C02.
g.COLD BIO-BLEACH A saving of 40°C equal to 4m3 of methane and 7.6 Kg C02.
h.OVERDYEING AT 40°C A saving of 20°C equal to 2m3 of methane and 3.8 Kg C02.
i.COLD SOFTENING A saving of 15°C equal to 1.5 m3 of methane and 2.85 Kg C02.
j.RESIN AT 90°C By avoiding the curing phase at 140°C, we save about 3m3 of methane and the equivalent of 5.7 Kg C02.
k.DIRECT DYEING AT 60°C A saving of 30°C equal to 3m3 of methane and 5.7 Kg C02.
l.COLD PIGMENTS DYEING A saving of 30°C equal to 3m3 of methane and 5.7 Kg C02
ECO-SUSTAINABLE PRODUCTS FOR LOW-TEMPERATURE PROCESSES
- Cold” desizing: Amilase enzyme for desizing, already active at 25°C
- Stone Wash at 40°C: Formulated enzymatic(powders and liquid) already active at 40°C.
- Bio-polishingat 40°C: Formulated enzymatic liquid active at 40°C; it works at neutral pH making it possible biopolishing on denim garment.
- Cold” bio-bleach: Laccase enzyme already active at 25°C; it can be used in combination with a special stone-wash cellulose to get stone washing and bio-bleaching processes in a single step.
- “Cold”softener: -ELAM 256 softener already exhaustible at 25°C New nano-emulsion silicone base useable at 25°C.
- Resinat 90°C : New resin system that avoid the polymerization step at 140°C; in one single 90°C phase you can achieve drying and curing. Does not contain formaldehyde.
- Overdyeing at 40°C: NATURAL DIRTY/RUSTY L : Over dyeing system at 40°C.
- Directdyeingat 60°C: Dyeing system on resin at 60°C with direct dyestuff.
- “Cold” PigmentsDyeing: New cold pigments dyeing system avoids dirtying of machinery and allows good results in term of dip shade.
3.Eco-sustainable chemicals : Our approach involves the use of products and processes that have a low impact on the environment and on water and land-based animal life.
a.NO to products containing heavy metals
b.NO to products containing formaldehyde
c.NO to products containing permanganate
d.NO to products containing halogen-derivatives (hypochlorite).
e.NO to products with bio-accumulative residues.
f.NO to the use of pumice stone(because of the mud’s it generates, high transport costs, the environmental impact of the extractive industry, the wear and tear of machinery)
g.NO to sandblasting (risky for operators, transport) costs, the environmental impact of the extractive industry)
h.YES to products that are highly bio-degradable.
i.YES to products with low toxicity (for human and water life)