In the textile wet processing hard water cause a lot of damages to the textile fabric or fiber. It also creates different problems in different stages of treatement with it. So before treatement it needs to purify wel. Otherwise the hard water may cause differnt problems in different stages of wet processing. Here we are discussing about the problems faced with hard water during treatment with it.
- Desizing : Deactivate enzymes and insolubolize sized materials such as starch, PVA, etc.
- Scouring : Combine with soap, precipitate metal organic acid, produce yellowing or off white shades, reduce cleaning efficiency and reduce water absorption.
- Bleaching: Decompose bleach bath.
- Mercerizing: From insoluble metal acids, reduce absorbency and lusture.
- Dyeing : Combine with dyes, changing their shades, insolublilize dyes, cause tippy dyeing and reduce dye diffusion
- Printing : Break emulsion, changes thickness, efficiency and viscosity and those problems associated for dyeing
- Finishing : Interfere with catalysts, cause resins and other additives to become non reactive break emulsion and deactivate soap.